Craigslist Classified Ad Posting Utility
If you have looked at the Ads posted on Craigslist.org, you can see that almost all of them are plain looking and lack any visual style. If you want your Ads to stand out in the sea of other Ads, then you need to apply HTML formatting to your Ads.
This Microsoft Excel based Utility enables you to create Classified Ad postings for Craigslist that have style, color, and character. You can also use this program to create Ads for other posting websites such as Backpage.com.
- Add Style, Color, and Character to your Ads using the built-in formatting tools.
- Spell Check your ads before you post.
- Preview your Ads exactly as they would appear on Craigslist.
- Your Ad is presented in a posting format which you can transfer directly into Craigslist's posting form.
- Store up to 200 Ads within the program's database repository.
- Integrated Help and Instructions
- Includes Sample Ads which can also be use as templates for creating your ads.
- You do not need to know HTML. The program automatically applies the HTML formatting for you.
Add Style, Color, and Character to your Postings
Craigslist will allow you to use HTML formatting to in your ads, but they will only accept a small subset of the HTML formatting options currently available. All non-acceptable types of HTML formatting will automatically be stripped out of an ad by their posting filter during the submission of a post.
If you want to use HTML formatting to add style, color, and character to your ads, then this program provides you with accepted HTML formatting options.
Sample Ads included with this Program
- Personal Ad Example - No Formatting (typical look of a standard non-formatted ad posting)
- Personal Ad Example - Formatted
- Job Offer Example
- Event Example
- For Sale Example (includes an embedded image)
Creating a Classified Ad
The Screen Shots below illustrate the simple procedure of creating an HTML formatted Classified Ad posting for Craigslist using the Classified Ad Posting Utility. The example illustrated in this case is to create a "Personal Ad". This procedure is applicable to any type of classified ad.
The Simple 5-step procedure to create an Ad with Style, Color, and Character
- Step 1 - Type in your Ad
- Step 2 - Apply Style, Color, and Character to your Ad
- Step 3 - Preview your Ad in your Web Browser
- Step 4 - Creating a Craiglist's Posting Form
- Step 5 - Save your Ad
Spreadsheet Design User Interface
Below is the user interface called the "Ad Design" form. This is where your create your Ad.
Click here to see a large clear image of the Spreadsheet Design User Interface (displays in a new browser window).
Step 1 - Type in your Ad
Type in the text for your ad into the white space area show below. At any time you can run the Spell Check function to check for spelling errors.
Unformatted text placed within the spreadsheet.
Step 2 - Apply Style, Color, and Character to your Ad
Apply Style, Color, and Character to your ad using HTML Formatting Tools provided.
You do not need to know HTML. The program automatically applies the HTML formatting tags for you.
The same text after applying HTML formatting using the HTML Formatting tools.
Step 3 - Preview your Ad in your Web Browser
To preview your ad in a web browser, use the View Ad function. This will display you ad exactly as it would appear on Craigslist.
Click here to see a the completed Personal Ad in a web page (displays in a new browser window).
Step 4 - Creating a Craiglist's Posting Form
This program will make it simple for you to post your Ad onto Craigslist by creating a Posting form that contains all the data needed for you to transfer into Craigslist's website posting form. By pressing the Generate Posting Form button, the program will create the following form.
Click here to see a real example of a Craiglist's Posting Form (displays in a new browser window)
Step 5 - Save your Ad
You can save your ad in the program's database repository for retrieval at a later time. This way you can free up the Design Form to create additional Classified ads. The database repository can store up to 200 individual Ads.